CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE, CCSP, CCVP, CCIP.
myk3

CCNA test booked for 14th March...

Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:07 am

ok its all booked up now, please post some tips and things to concentrate on studdying, and good material to read on on the web that will help me through. can every one please advise me what the sims are like and the types of questions the bumped in to, cheers
myk3

jdsilva
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:20 pm

I think my advice to you concerning the CCNA is to just simply relax ;)

We all get test anxiety on varying degrees. I have seen you ask over and over that very same question you just asked above. I also seem to remember you saying you were scoring mid 90's on practice exams.

What you need to do is stop worrying about what you think you don't know, and focus on what you have learned. When all is said and done the exam is not going to be made or broke on you cramming every single area of knowledge ito your head with perfect recollection. You are far more likely to fail becuase you are so bloody nervous that you can't remember the basic stuff that you know you know.

IMO the tests aren't designed to be hard... They are designed to test that you know wtf you are talking about; they test for understanding.

So go for a jog, meditate, hit the gym, eat a bowl of jello, smoke a fatty... What ever it is that you do to relax and gain focus. That is what will help you pass the test.

That's my two cents

Infinite

dpocoroba
CCIE #18559
Certs:
CCIE R&S

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:22 pm

Good luck with your test :) Biggest advice is to relax

DP
"Knowledge is contagious, infect"

mega

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:36 am

:)
Going to have the exam me too... but not so anxious
I thnk i can count on the results i obtained jut till here in the 4 semesters.

People said me to give a look at the Intro/icnd self study Books now ;
till now i've used the companion guides provided by my academy for free and the online curriculum ( especially for ccna3 where there were the biggest differences among online and paper book, online one is more up-to-date)
However my instructor recommends using Intro/Icnd now for m cert exam preaparation

Good Luck you Too

jdsilva
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:04 am

I went through all the online netacad curriculum, but when it came right down to it I crammed everything in Todd Lammle's CCNA book into my head before I wrote it and kicked its ass :) I found that book was very to the point and accurate about what was on it. I wrote the old exam mind you.

'

Return to Cisco Certifications