CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE, CCSP, CCVP, CCIP.
Sam Kennedy
Certs:
None :'(

Will I get a question this hard in my exam?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:11 pm

I've just finished my A-Levels, so I'm trying to get Cisco certified over the summer.

I've been working through CCENT Exam Cram, and one of the subnetting questions gives you the configurations for 15 ports on 4 routers (5 on the first, 3 on the second, 5 on the third, and 2 on the fourth).

You then have 19 multiple choice selections and you have to decide which are correct configurations and which are incorrect.

In 5 minutes.

Will I get any questions that hard in the real exam? I managed all the other subnetting questions fine.

Thank You :)
-Sam

killabee
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCDA, JNCIA

Re: Will I get a question this hard in my exam?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Depends on what they're specifically asking, but it sounds like overskill.

Are they asking for the correct IPs given a subnet mask and network ID? Broadcast IP given a network ID and mask? Once you get a hang of what they're asking, it's easy to shift your focus to the subnetting procedure to derive the answer.

Learn to work subnetting as fast as possible. If you lose time on one question you'll gain the time on other questions.

Sam Kennedy
Certs:
None :'(

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am

You have to figure out if the IP and subnet mask is valid for each of the multiple choice answers. You also have to calculate about 5 subnets yourself.

I'm not sure if I can post the question on here since it's from a book, if I am I will put it up so people can see what I'm on about.

Framer
Certs:
CCNA

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Being able to identify subnet addresses, and the first/last hosts, and broadcast addresses quickly is very important for the CCNA test. It's a prerequisite skill for networking. So, I say: get good enough to answer the question you described in 5 minutes. Or less.
helpdeskonfire.blogspot.com

'

Return to Cisco Certifications