All home networking related discussions.
DaamianJ

Not being able to browse intrenet.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Hello, I have created this account beacuse I encountered a very weired problem. Usually, I look up on internet how to solve my problems but this time my hands are down and I have no clue why this is happening but anyways let me get straight to the point. I have 2 laptops connected using wireless to my router, one I'm currently using to write this post. Therefore I can assume that there is nothing wrong with intrenet provider as well as routre configuration. Both laptops are HP pavlion dv6 that run onWindows 7.

The problem is that this morning internet was working perfectly well on both of these machines but now suddenly I can't browse any websites on the 2nd laptop. I've tried two different browsers Chrome and IE when i type in the URL it seem's like it's loading but only blank page remains and after some time I get the standard error this web page is not available. However, when i go into network and sharing centre it clearly shows me that the connection is well established and I have intrenet access. I've also realized that skype is trying to establish connection so I'm assuming the problem is not the borwsers. First thing i tried was to switch off and back on the wireless adapter but it didn't work. Than I've looked up similar problems and someone suggested to Fix Winsockets so I followed the instruction and in cmd.exe I've enetered : 'netsh winsock reset catalog' and 'netsh int ip reset reset.log hit' than I have restarted the laptop but didn't solve the problem. I thought I could also try and restore the system to what it was two days ago but problem remains.

If there is anyone who could help me solve this problem I would appreciate but please don't be to technical as I'm not super familiar with networking.

edit.
I've also tried to ping 127.0.0.1 and google.co.uk and for both I'm getting 4 replays packets send and recieve =4

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Re: Not being able to browse intrenet.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:18 pm

can you navigate to a web site via IP address
i.e. http://74.125.228.41
if so, you may have a DNS problem.
btw this should bring up a google page.
Tips of the day:
- The human mind is the ultimate creation invention.
- I have so many customers, my customers have customers.
- Sausage time
- POP, stack, and store

DaamianJ

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:23 pm

I have tried what you suggested but same thing seems to be happening the page is loading now for almost 5 minutes and the browser is only displaying white screen.

Edit.
Furthermore I dont think there is a problem with DNS beacuse I'm using my second laptop which is connected to the same router. However, I could be wrong.

DaamianJ

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Problem solved, I restarded the system went for system repair and somehow it solved the problem. Thanks for the effort anyways.

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 am

happy you got it worked out.
Tips of the day:
- The human mind is the ultimate creation invention.
- I have so many customers, my customers have customers.
- Sausage time
- POP, stack, and store

'

Return to Home Networking