IPv6 design, deployment, standards, and best practices.
routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

IPv6 Forum Certified

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 am

I got my notice from them last night. I'm an IPv6 Forum Gold Certified Engineer. I only applied for it last Fall :whistle:
Anyone else get theirs recently?

Agent Zed
Certs:
CCNA, CCNP

Re: IPv6 Forum Certified

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 am

Sounds nice, so what do you have to do to get one then??

routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 am

Agent Zed wrote:Sounds nice, so what do you have to do to get one then??

A CCNA and a CCNP automatically qualify for Silver. If you can prove more experience you can go Gold.
You can apply here: http://nav6.org/ipv6forum/application/verify.php

Teebor
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA Security

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 am

Say whaaa? if you are a CCNA you can get this gratis?

If so I wonder why I never heard of it before...
Networking is much like making love to a beautiful woman
Slide your equipment in to the rack, Stick your plug in the socket, and if you have done it right at the end everyone is happy

routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:03 am

Teebor wrote:Say whaaa? if you are a CCNA you can get this gratis?

If so I wonder why I never heard of it before...

Yep
https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10327

And also a correction on my part. Gold is Professional and Expert level. Silver is Associate.

Teebor
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA Security

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

Nice, thanks for that. I shall apply now, its always nice to have something extra

Also terribly rude of me to not have already said well done for getting the Gold :)
Slide your equipment in to the rack, Stick your plug in the socket, and if you have done it right at the end everyone is happy

Halo
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP (R&S, Security), ITILv3 Foundation

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:44 am

First, congratulations!
Second, thanks for the link!

jdsilva
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 am

Sweet. I'll have to apply for this.

Mobile Post

dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCNA Voice, SMB Select, Linux+

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:04 pm

So upon attempting to apply, I've ran into some difficulties. Are there specific instructions on this?
Routerdork, your link takes you to a page where you are told to input what you wish to apply for and "IPv6 website..." - is this your own website?

Looking at the learning network page it seems many people have issues with the website working in general. Broken links etc. Also, an employee of Cisco states:
I apologize for the confusion. Our courses and certifications are certified by the IPv6 forum.

Attending/passing them does not provide a candidate IPv6 certification. Again, to clarify, IPv6 certification from any vendor, courses/certification/products/etc does not certify any individual. It just certifies the content of the products, courses and exams.

However,
John I think this article is still very confusing. The blue table tittled "IPv6 Forum Logo Guidelines" appears to clearly say, for example, that:

If a candidate has passed CCNP they fall under the "gold" IPv6Forum certification category and can use the logo that identifies them as a "certified engineer".

This is directly contradicted by your statement that -- in relation to certification courses -- "Attending/passing them does not provide a candidate IPv6 certification.".

Routerdork, what did you need to do to be able to apply?
Thanks,
Meanwhile, back in the city...

routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:20 am

dieselboy wrote:So upon attempting to apply, I've ran into some difficulties. Are there specific instructions on this?
Routerdork, your link takes you to a page where you are told to input what you wish to apply for and "IPv6 website..." - is this your own website?

Looking at the learning network page it seems many people have issues with the website working in general. Broken links etc. Also, an employee of Cisco states:
I apologize for the confusion. Our courses and certifications are certified by the IPv6 forum.

Attending/passing them does not provide a candidate IPv6 certification. Again, to clarify, IPv6 certification from any vendor, courses/certification/products/etc does not certify any individual. It just certifies the content of the products, courses and exams.

However,
John I think this article is still very confusing. The blue table tittled "IPv6 Forum Logo Guidelines" appears to clearly say, for example, that:

If a candidate has passed CCNP they fall under the "gold" IPv6Forum certification category and can use the logo that identifies them as a "certified engineer".

This is directly contradicted by your statement that -- in relation to certification courses -- "Attending/passing them does not provide a candidate IPv6 certification.".

Routerdork, what did you need to do to be able to apply?
Thanks,

If you're using your Cisco cert as the credentials for this you need to enter Cisco's website. Took me awhile too and it took look long to hear back I actually applied twice thinking the first one got lost.

dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:32 am

Would you happen to have a link at all? I tried to find it earlier but could not. Or tell me which section of the Cisco.com site?
Thank you,

Edit:
ipv6logo wrote:
Step 1:

Apply for the IPv6 enabled program for your web site to show that you are publishing your Education program on an IPv6-enabled web site http://www.ipv6forum.com/ipv6_enabled/

Step 2:

Fill out the Application form online below, click on "I agree" to accept the terms & conditions of this program and then press the "submit" button

I do not have my own website, let alone one which is reachable via its IPv6 address.. This is confusing?

routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 am

When you select the training provider(any of the Cisco ones) it should automatically put the address in the website line for you which comes up as ipv6.cisco.com

routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:43 am

Which logo are you applying for?
This link will get you what you need for your Cisco certs...http://nav6.org/ipv6forum/application/verify.php
Just select from the drop down menu the level you are applying for, in your case as a CCNP you get Certified Network Engineer(Gold) automatically :)

dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:50 am

Okay... I was selecting certified certification .. :/
Thanks!

Teebor
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA Security

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 am

Any idea how long it takes them? I filled mine in to the best of my ability but I didn't see anything asking about what certs you had or your cisco ID

Or do they contact you for that stuff?

routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:28 am

Teebor wrote:Any idea how long it takes them? I filled mine in to the best of my ability but I didn't see anything asking about what certs you had or your cisco ID

Or do they contact you for that stuff?

I wondered too how they verify. I applied for Gold based off of reading some other forums that said if you could prove operational experience at the Gold level. It was so long ago I can't remember if I gave them any of our IPv6 websites, address range, or what.
I'm pretty sure I applied last summer. I hadn't heard a thing from them until I got the email a couple weeks ago stating it.

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 am

thanks for the link routerdork, got my application in today.

Teebor, I just put CCNP in the designation field.
Tips of the day:
- The human mind is the ultimate creation invention.
- I have so many customers, my customers have customers.
- Sausage time
- POP, stack, and store

nickbeee
Certs:
640-[802,553]

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:59 am

I'm just a bit concerned about sending my personal details to a site registered in Malaysia for IPv6 that ironically, doesn't have a quad-A record!
Nick B.

dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:34 am

nickbeee wrote:I'm just a bit concerned about sending my personal details to a site registered in Malaysia for IPv6 that ironically, doesn't have a quad-A record!

/lol/

Teebor
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA Security

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 am

haha good point, but its on the official cisco forums so I'm taking it as safe :D

'
Next

Return to IPv6