Site announcements from the admin and moderators.
Steve
Site Admin
Certs:
CCNA

Google+ page

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 pm

I create a networking-forum.com Google+ page. I need to get an intern to handle all the damn marketing required for this site.

Teebor
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA Security

Re: Google+ page

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:33 am

Am Following :D
Networking is much like making love to a beautiful woman
Slide your equipment in to the rack, Stick your plug in the socket, and if you have done it right at the end everyone is happy

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:22 am

man, I'm getting old.
Tips of the day:
- The human mind is the ultimate creation invention.
- I have so many customers, my customers have customers.
- Sausage time
- POP, stack, and store

that1guy15
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCDP, CCIP

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 am

I think I would be more inclined to setup with Google+ then Facebook. But I just dont see the value in either for myself. I also see how much time my wife spends on facebook and I personnally would rather be watching TV or studying. If i want to talk with my friends Ill just pick up a 6-pack and head over to their house.

Just me though.
http://blog.movingonesandzeros.net/

ibarrere
Cisco Inferno

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:12 am

that1guy15 wrote:I think I would be more inclined to setup with Google+ then Facebook. But I just dont see the value in either for myself. I also see how much time my wife spends on facebook and I personnally would rather be watching TV or studying. If i want to talk with my friends Ill just pick up a 6-pack and head over to their house.

Just me though.

To me, the only real value in a social networking platform is the people that are a part of it. Using that as the judge, you tend to weed out the shitty ones (like Myspace, etc) because less people use them, or more people leave them for something better. I signed up for a Google+ account back when it was new with the idea that this time it might actually work, but it appears not. The thing is, there's nothing wrong enough with Facebook to make your run-of-the-mill user switch to Google+. It's like, sure, some of the features of Google+ are cool, but somebody will either need to come up with a platform that's leaps and bounds better than Facebook, or Facebook will have to screw something really major up in order to get people to switch.

I stick with Facebook as my primary platform because it's where my friends are. If they moved to Google+, I would too.

Agent Zed
Certs:
CCNA, CCNP

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 am

that1guy15 wrote:I think I would be more inclined to setup with Google+ then Facebook. But I just dont see the value in either for myself. I also see how much time my wife spends on facebook and I personnally would rather be watching TV or studying. If i want to talk with my friends Ill just pick up a 6-pack and head over to their house.

Just me though.
Amen!

routerdork
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA, MCDST, MCP, A+

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 am

ibarrere wrote:

Just me though.

To me, the only real value in a social networking platform is the people that are a part of it. Using that as the judge, you tend to weed out the shitty ones (like Myspace, etc) because less people use them, or more people leave them for something better. I signed up for a Google+ account back when it was new with the idea that this time it might actually work, but it appears not. The thing is, there's nothing wrong enough with Facebook to make your run-of-the-mill user switch to Google+. It's like, sure, some of the features of Google+ are cool, but somebody will either need to come up with a platform that's leaps and bounds better than Facebook, or Facebook will have to screw something really major up in order to get people to switch.

I stick with Facebook as my primary platform because it's where my friends are. If they moved to Google+, I would too.

This for me too. It's the easiest way to keep up with all my Navy buddies and friends living outside of my local area.

'

Return to Announcements