All Juniper related discussions.
Carlitos_30
Post Whore
Certs:
CCENT, CCNA,CCNP R&S

JNCIA do you need to buy some switches to pass?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Hello!

Do you think is necessary to buy some switches to prepare the exam?

Thanks for sharing!

mellowd
CCIE #38070
Certs:
CCIE (RS,SP), JNCIE-SP, BC-/SPNE/NP

Re: JNCIA do you need to buy some switches to pass?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:57 pm

JNCIA what? There are many tracks.

I did not have access to a EX switch when I did my JNCIA-EX as they are expensive. However at that level you can just learn from a book

Carlitos_30
Post Whore
Certs:
CCENT, CCNA,CCNP R&S

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:21 pm

I tought JNCIA was like CCNA. It seems JNCIA has more specializations. So I ask for JNCIA-JunOS. It looks like it has only routing.

I did not have access to a EX switch when I did my JNCIA-EX

Not access at all? Do you mean never worked with JunOS switches? Or you just used your background operating Juniper routers?

burnyd
Post Whore
Certs:
CCIE R&S/SP,CCNP-SP,JNCIA,VCP510,VCA-DCV

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:35 pm

jncia junos or jn101 is a really easy test.... its geared for people who have a network background who want to learn more Juniper. I had a good year experience working with Juniper.. I studied for a week and was able to pass it. I think the passing score is around 60% its really low.

I would recommend looking around on how to virtualize a juniper router... its pretty simply and you can run it a few different ways. I ran mine through vmware workstation.
http://danielhertzberg.wordpress.com - I blog about networks!

Carlitos_30
Post Whore
Certs:
CCENT, CCNA,CCNP R&S

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:58 pm

jncia junos or jn101 is a really easy test.... its geared for people who have a network background who want to learn more Juniper. I had a good year experience working with Juniper.. I studied for a week and was able to pass it. I think the passing score is around 60% its really low.

I would recommend looking around on how to virtualize a juniper router... its pretty simply and you can run it a few different ways. I ran mine through vmware workstation.

Thanks for the info. I already installed JunOS in VMWare. It's easy to install but it was hard to find the right tutorial(took me all saturday afternoon to install the thing).

burnyd
Post Whore
Certs:
CCIE R&S/SP,CCNP-SP,JNCIA,VCP510,VCA-DCV

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm

yeah I remember it was such a pain. I think you have to install something like 7.4 and then you can upgrade to 10.0.... I spent all day trying to install 10.x and it wouldnt work right.... I think after a day of messing with it I got it on my managment network and I was able to pass ospf routes to it.
http://danielhertzberg.wordpress.com - I blog about networks!

mellowd
CCIE #38070
Certs:
CCIE (RS,SP), JNCIE-SP, BC-/SPNE/NP

JNCIA do you need to buy some switches to pass?

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:26 am

Carlitos_30 wrote:
Not access at all? Do you mean never worked with JunOS switches? Or you just used your background operating Juniper routers?

I went on a free juniper day course where we had full access to a bunch of ex switches. That coupled with my existing junos and switching knowledge was enough to pass the exam

Sent on the move...

Morphic
Certs:
CCNA, VCP3&5 ,JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SEC CCNP

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:04 am

There are some good materials on the juniper website and a pre test last time I looked-if you pass you can get 50% off the exam.

Go to the juniper website - education - fast track. You will need to register so they know who to give the voucher too. And you'll definitely pass :)

Carlitos_30
Post Whore
Certs:
CCENT, CCNA,CCNP R&S

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks everybody fo the help.

:thankyou:

'

Return to Juniper Networking