Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Teebor
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA Security

Re: A CCNA Security Exam Experience

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:07 am

Good read :)

That last bit when clicking the End Exam button, every single time I do this it is the most nerve wracking and painful process I have ever had the pleasure to do :D

Also a question "they will hire you at 20+ an hour" for a fresh CCNA? thats good money where I live, maybe I should think about emmigration to the US
Networking is much like making love to a beautiful woman
Slide your equipment in to the rack, Stick your plug in the socket, and if you have done it right at the end everyone is happy

Langly
Certs:
CCENT

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Click the submit button when I did my ccent definitely was nerveracking. First time taking a certification exam, and Cisco exam and that submit I was shaking.

I really like the studying so you can teach the specific items. Thats how I've been studying for my icnd2 and I'm heading to do my CCNA security after that. Personally if I can't teach things and explain how the concepts work then I am no where near ready. Thats how I learned how to subnet, I made sure I could teach my gf and had her help me practice :)

wirerat
Post Whore
Certs:
More than none

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Excellent write-up.

On my last exam, it took about a minute for the score screen to come up. Talk about almost having a nervous breakdown.
"See packet, be packet, you are packet. Ignore all else!" -The Networker
packetsdropped.wordpress.com

david7eagle
Certs:
A+, Security+, MCP, CCENT, CCNA, and CCNA Security

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 am

wirerat wrote:Excellent write-up.

On my last exam, it took about a minute for the score screen to come up. Talk about almost having a nervous breakdown.

Wow. That is pretty tough.

david7eagle
Certs:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am

Teebor wrote:Good read :)

That last bit when clicking the End Exam button, every single time I do this it is the most nerve wracking and painful process I have ever had the pleasure to do :D

Also a question "they will hire you at 20+ an hour" for a fresh CCNA? thats good money where I live, maybe I should think about emmigration to the US

The nice part is that you are actually working for Cisco. By the way, if you don't mind my asking, what is your location?

david7eagle
Certs:

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 am

Thank you again for letting me share this.

qbakies
Certs:
CCNA, CCNA-Security

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm

I've taken three Cisco cert tests and have never gotten a score screen at the end. Just a lame, generic survey. I always have to wait until I go back out to the lobby to get my printout to find out if I even passed.

mlan
Ultimate Member

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:47 pm

qbakies wrote:I've taken three Cisco cert tests and have never gotten a score screen at the end. Just a lame, generic survey. I always have to wait until I go back out to the lobby to get my printout to find out if I even passed.

Brutal!

'

Return to Blog Comments