scottsee
Post Whore
Certs:
NA:R&S, NA:Sec

December 6th Update: Study Schedule

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:00 am

I'm finding it hard to keep to any given worked out study schedule and it's actually starting to become a problem at home. Not that I'm not doing it enough, it's that I'm doing it too much and too often. My wife and I had a talk over dinner last night about the amount of time I'm detached from everything by either reading or on the computer. I'll still be around, I'll just be around much less until the end of the year.

Progress:

I've finished the CiscoPress ICND1 book for the 2nd time late last week trying not to skip or skim any words or pages.

I made an ICND1 hands on configuration video series broken into 4 parts. Lan, Wan, Troubleshooting and ICND1 protocol analysis with Wireshark. Essentially just a walk-through of building an internetwork starting with LAN, then WAN, then tying it together doing some trouble shooting on the physical, data and network layers with show commands and then looking at the protocols used in ICND1 through Wireshark and how they communicate via same-layer and adjacent layers of the OSI. I'm glad I did it too, it was HORRIFIC and awesome all at the same time! By teaching through voice over video I was able to work trough concepts I didn't realize I had trouble with and gave me some key areas I require additional studying.

I'm about done with the Cisco Network Academy: Switching and Intro to Wireless course. I finished the chapter 6 exam and started the last chapter in Wireless last night so all that's left to do is a couple hours of reading on the basics of Wireless that I've already covered in CiscoPress's ICND1 book, take the chapter 7 test, do the course pre-test, Packet-Tracer practice exam, and then take the course final exam. Maybe... 2 - 3 days depending on the time allocation.

That's about it.. I'll catch you guys on here later today..
Last edited by scottsee on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

swagger
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCNA Sec

Re: December 6th Update: Study Schedule

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 am

Definitely take time to be with your family. At the end of the day, that is what's most important. I think it's more clear to see that around this time of the year. Time will be there to study, but take care of home first.

david7eagle
Certs:
A+, Security+, MCP, CCENT, CCNA, and CCNA Security

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:49 am

swagger wrote:Definitely take time to be with your family. At the end of the day, that is what's most important. I think it's more clear to see that around this time of the year. Time will be there to study, but take care of home first.

Well said.

scottsee
Post Whore
Certs:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:57 am

That didn't come across the way I intended it to. I edit my original post.

Steve
Site Admin
Certs:
CCNA

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:52 am

1) Santa\Brahma\God
2) Family
3) Study

Don't jeopardize either of the first 2 for the last one. If you feel time pressure for the scholarship, we can easily adjust that.

scottsee
Post Whore
Certs:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 am

I'm just like everyone else around here in need of a stiff drink and some Christmas cookies.

titaniumpower
Certs:
A+, Network+

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:47 am

scottsee wrote: in need of a stiff drink.

I will later tonight. I don't think they would appreciate it very much if I opened a few bottles at work.

scottsee
Post Whore
Certs:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 pm

titaniumpower wrote:
scottsee wrote: in need of a stiff drink.

I will later tonight. I don't think they would appreciate it very much if I opened a few bottles at work.

I've worked at a place or two that didn't have any issues as long the kindergarten rule (share) applied.. That was in the car business though.

titaniumpower
Certs:
A+, Network+

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 pm

I work as a network administrator in a school district.

matgar
Ultimate Member
Certs:
CCNP, CCIP, CCNA Security

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 pm

You guys should move to Denmark, a few beers for lunch. And in a large service providers data center they have a rest area in the middle where the workers sat and drank beer during work hours. (this was a few years ago, so might have changed by now)

mellowd
CCIE #38070
Certs:
CCIE (RS,SP), JNCIE-SP, BC-/SPNE/NP

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:28 pm

We drink often during lunch.

matgar
Ultimate Member
Certs:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 am

mellowd wrote:We drink often during lunch.

Yea well your britts, everyone knows your just as **** as the Danish. :P

mellowd
CCIE #38070
Certs:
CCIE (RS,SP), JNCIE-SP, BC-/SPNE/NP

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:17 am

Indeed.

Actually in South Africa it's very frowned upon. Drinking after work is fine, but during work is a strict no-no.

Came here to England, everyone drinks during lunch.

matgar
Ultimate Member
Certs:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:29 am

Drinking during work is frowned upon here in Sweden as well.
Kinda funny though, back in the olden days workers was paid part of their salary in hard spirits. Id say moonshine, but i don't think taxes on alcohol had been implemented back then.

Edit: I feel kinda bad hijacking Scotts post about study schedule with talk about booze and drinking in foreign country's. :twisted:

wirerat
Post Whore
Certs:
More than none

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:40 am

Same here in United States. No drinking during lunch at everywhere I have worked over the years. The old-timers tell me it used to be OK to get a few drinks during lunchtime.
"See packet, be packet, you are packet. Ignore all else!" -The Networker
packetsdropped.wordpress.com

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:52 am

matgar wrote:
Edit: I feel kinda bad hijacking Scotts post about study schedule with talk about booze and drinking in foreign country's. :twisted:

don't feel bad, it's the 8th, the post is two days old, Scott needs to start another thread...

student01
Certs:
CCNA, ITIL v3 F

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:03 am

i get called a weiner daily for refusing to negotiate the A2 after a couple of pints. it doesnt help i got home just after lunchtime. if i went drinking in my lunch break id be out in the street with the tramps drinking super 'T's, cos theres no pubs open :(

'

Return to scottsee's CCNA Journey