Cisco Works, SNMP, MIBs.
xMenou

Is this a CNA bug?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 am

Hi, we're having a weird problem with CNA (Cisco Network Assistant), I'm able to reproduce it, and I'd like to know if it is a bug or just something we don't understand correctly.

To make a long story short, we've created our QoS setup from the CLI, everything works fine, the appropriate packets are tagged DSCP 46 (EF) just as we wanted it to be. Our counters go up, everything is fine...

So we tried to create a simpler method for our "anti-CLI-users" that would use CNA to do the same setup... I've downloaded the most up to date version as of last tuesday... We're configuring an IE3000-8TC (12.2(50)SE2)

Here's the problem...

We've created our class, that's fine... (Quality of Service -> Classes). The problem is with the modification of classes from the "policies" configuration window (Quality of Service -> Policies)...

If we modify our policy, then modify the class inside, everything is fine unless we select 46 as DSCP value... When we refresh the "policies" list, and modify again the same class... CNA displays 30 as DSCP value... So we checked from the CLI, our class is still displaying "EF" (so DSCP 46)...

If we select 45 and refresh the list, it stays to 45... in fact, every other number than 46 stays to the appropriate number... And 46 reverts back to 30 but doesn't change it in the switch... The apply button doesn't change anything to this weird behavior...

So is it something we don't understand correctly, or it's a bug?

We had a previous version of CNA, we've updated it... same behavior...

Thanks for your help!

xMenou

ristau5741
Post Whore
Certs:
Instanity

Re: Is this a CNA bug?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Dump CNA, use the CLI
Tips of the day:
- The human mind is the ultimate creation invention.
- I have so many customers, my customers have customers.
- Sausage time
- POP, stack, and store

xMenou

Re: Is this a CNA bug?

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:26 am

That's one way to do it... In fact, I'm trying to sell the CLI to my team... To me, that's an evidence, it's so easy to use, and anyway, if you have to look in the cisco documentation, they explain the CLI way to do what you want to do... so not only it's an evidence but it's so much simpler for the user...

But they've decided not to go with the CLI for our techies...In fact, they'll have the choice, and as of now, everyone wants to go with the GUI (That's normal for a first time techie, but once they'll find bugs or stupid behavior, they'll revert to the CLI, I'm quite sure... ), but until it happens... the GUI will be used...

So could anyone at least confirm it's a bug, and not only happening to me? :shock:

if it's the case... well... that may help not to use it!

Help me save the CLI at my plant! Please!! :)

xMenou

'

Return to Cisco Network Management