ASA/PIX, IDS, IPS, VPN, Cisco Secure ACS, AAA, ISE.
kamarale
Certs:
CCNA

Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 am

Hello,Can anyone clarify this for me? What exactly is this? and what is the difference with Cisco ACS?

Thanks in advance.

srg
Post Whore
Certs:
CCIE SP, CCNP SP, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA DC/W, HP MASE

Re: Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 am

ISE is what would have been ACS6 with some added NAC/BYOD stuff. Haven't seen it yet but I hear we have an installation com0ing.
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

willroute4food
Certs:
CCIE R&S

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm

He pretty much hit the nail on the head. ISE is the replacement for NAC, and is now the new BYOD enabler. It is not yet officially slated to replace ACS however, because it does not support TACACS+ yet (but its in the roadmap). ISE is pretty much what everyone has been waiting for, in that its NAC, but with dot1x/RADIUS on the backend. Ive done several installs, and can say that they finally got NAC right with this solution.

Vito_Corleone
Certs:
CCNP RS, CCNP DC, CCDP, CCIP

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 pm

The new NAC that sucks less. It will do much more than NAC ever did by tying deeper into the network infrastructure. We've done a couple deployments so far and I don't hate it.
http://blog.alwaysthenetwork.com

Langly
Certs:
CCENT

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Vito_Corleone wrote:The new NAC that sucks less. It will do much more than NAC ever did by tying deeper into the network infrastructure. We've done a couple deployments so far and I don't hate it.

Thats a big step, I'm working on getting my NCS license right now to migrate my WCS to it. Once I can show some value there and with our compliance moving at work, I plan on trying to get ISE for my work to better lock things down.

'

Return to Cisco Security