CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE, CCSP, CCVP, CCIP.
EMoney

CCNA study guide + IOS cookbook= OK?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 am

I just finished the CCNA study guide by Lammle. Now that I'm going to be working on implementation for the next month I was wondering if it was safe to use the O"Reilly Cisco IOS Cookbook during my studies? From what I understand Lammle's implementation goes strictly by the books while the O'Reilly cookbook gives the real world implementation ( The shortest and easiest way I'm assuming ).

I just want to make sure that when I take the CCNA I can come up with the answer that Cisco wants to hear/is looking for. :thinking:

Thanks guys

expaddy
Post Whore
Certs:
BSc computer network administration, CCNP, MCSE

Re: CCNA study guide + IOS cookbook= OK?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:11 am

The IOS cookbook will be great for after the exam but, for the exam stick to the official guides.
I always find the Sybex CCNA guide to be great for getting people through the CCNA exam. If you can answers all the end of chapter exams and know why that answer is correct and the others are wrong then you should be able to answer all the questions on the exam. But that's the easy bit.
You will need to hammer the labs to get through the CCNA exam and I believe there are quite a few in the sybex book, which you will need to fully understand.
Good Luck,

David

'

Return to Cisco Certifications