Site announcements from the admin and moderators.
Steve
Site Admin
Certs:
CCNA

For Sale/Trade and Wanted Forums Removed

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:36 am

I have removed these forums. I don't feel that way fit with the technical theme of www.cisco-forum.com and would also like to avoid anybody getting ripped off and associating that with my site. :)

webnetwiz

that sucks

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:56 pm

That sucks! Seeing how much items cost can help a person figure out the cost of solution or parts replacement. People would still have to use PayPal or other way to send money via the net, and those services guarantee money back, plus you could always use eBay to see how much things cost. Oh well, this is just my opinion, and then again, I was the only person who listed anything.

dashawn

Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:55 pm

I kinda agree though. E-bay already does a great job of selling cisco equipment. No need for it here IMHO.

Steve
Site Admin
Certs:
CCNA

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:44 pm

not to mention there was controversy (offline) regarding the first item for sale... :roll:

BradReese

Further Information Regarding Cisco Equipment Transactions

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:34 pm

Further information regarding Cisco Equipment Transactions.

Image is an excellent resource for buying & selling Cisco Equipment.

As an example lets use the Image Catalyst 6000 Series Category:

Under Seller Information you will notice the PayPal Buyer Protection "icon" prominently displayed ( observe that many eBay sellers do not display this, if they do NOT Buyer's can't use this protection ) .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 05166&rd=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transactions Covered by PayPal Buyer Protection:

If you paid for an item and never received it or received an item that was significantly not as described, your transaction must meet each of the following requirements to be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection:

The PayPal Buyer Protection icon must be displayed in the Seller Information box on eBay.

You may not file a claim if you are simply disappointed with the item you have received. Items must be significantly not as described or never received ( this seems to heavily "favor" the seller ).

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... fo-outside

PayPal's Verification Process offers ZERO protection:

Note: PayPal's verification system does not constitute an endorsement of a member, nor a guarantee of a member's business practices.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm ... aq-outside

PayPal Money Back Guarantee:

This program will only be offered for tangible goods transactions of less than $1,000.00 USD with pre-qualified sellers.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... ut-outside

Cisco Broker/Dealers:

Many Cisco Broker/Dealers use Escrow.Com when initiating a transaction with a "Non-Trusted" Source, i.e. not known to them:

https://www.escrow.com/index.asp

Top Cisco Broker/Dealers can "verify" the "transaction satisfaction creditials" of other Cisco Broker/Dealers through their business contacts ( again, "Non-Trusted" Sources, i.e. not known to them or their business contacts need to be carefully managed ).

Hope this helps.

Sincerely

webnetwiz

Controversy?

Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:29 am

What controversy? The interested party wasted my time, I was willing to do escrow/PayPal, even supplied my phone number (interested party didn't even call), then he says why should he pay for the item if he doesn't know me! What did u want, a copy of my SSN and my driver's license? I supplied my eBay user id which can show my feedback, and you can send me an email to verify that it's me. No problems mate, you wanna save $$$, you buy from me, otherwise deal with SBC DataComm or CDW, and pay retail, which is at least twice more expensive.

BradReese

Please Accept My Apology

Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:52 am

David,

As the "other interested party" please accept my apology for wasting your time.

Prefer to feel "warm & fuzzy" about those we purchase from BEFORE we start to "negotiate" ANY transaction.

To us, a "low-price" is meaningless if we don't feel "warm & fuzzy" about the seller.

Since we NEVER got around to negotiating a "purchase price" on your unit you may NOT have liked our offer had we gotten past our own self-imposed "warm & fuzzy" requirement.

Nor did we get to Serial Number, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------

First, there is NO such Cisco Part Number as:

PA-SA-VAM2

As you refer to in your offer.

Secondly, this is what Cisco Part Number SA-VAM2 looks like:

Your picture on eBay is NOT very revealing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Thirdly, you don't offer on your eBay Listing the PayPal Buyer Protection ( under your Seller Info as required by PayPal ).

Finally, you state on your eBay Listing:

Item sold AS-IS, no returns or refunds.

In conclusion, this SA-VAM2 unit is currently available in stock as SMARTnet Eligible ( Warranty Same As Cisco-New ) Factory Refurbished for the "retail" price of $ 3,100

Your unit may or may not work and you sought $3,500

Sincerely,

webnetwiz

Response

Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:45 am

I put the PA- in front because it stands for port adapter, plus that's the way it's labeled on the box. No need to school me on this, I've installed a bunch of these modules in 7200s. The module does look like the picture, I did not feel the need to take it out and photograph the PCB and the front cover, if I say it's SA-VAM2, it's a VAM2, not VAM. The picture on eBay was supposed to show that it's brand spanking new in a box. I can provide S/N, it is eligible for SmartNET cause it's NEW. It's an extra unit we do not need, and I could've let it go for $3K, but as any good businessman, I'd ask for more money as my first offer, and then negotiate with the buyer. As far as PayPal protection, I've actually contacted them to see why it's not displaying that on the auction, but I'm not out to screw anyone. The sale is final, that's what I mean as far as no refunds, I do not need the item, and do not wish to enter into any long-term dealings with anyone who buys and then decides that he doesn't need it, breaks it, decides that he no longer has use for it, etc. It's just like a final sale at a designer clothing store, the sale items are final, buy shipping insurance, and you're good to go.

dashawn

Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:31 pm

It just sounds like BradReeseCom's not comfirtable with your product. If he's not that's fine. There are other customers out there that will not have the same issues as he does. If BradReeseCom doesn't like your as is no refunds policy then it's his right and your right just to find another customer. I don't think you can achieve "warm & fuzzy" feelings through a debate with BradReeseCom.

'

Return to Announcements