General off-topic discussions.
dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCNA Voice, SMB Select, Linux+

Current job n stuff

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:45 am

Half of the week I work for a government department and the other half I'm at my Employers head office.
At the head office I have just been handed a big project as the engineer that was assigned to it before wasn't forthcoming. It's a huge multi-site re-work, I'm over the moon. I'm going to be busy! :)

The other half, I've done a mini audit on the government departments network and highlighted these issues to the managers here. So I'll be running with this too. (aside from administering a CUCM 8.6, implementing VOIP for other departments and installing a visitor WiFi for another).

I'm still adjusting to the work ethics over here. At 4pm on Friday everyone downs tools and drinks beer.

I plan to do some scuba diving this Sunday.

I have a first dance class at an Urban dance school on the 23rd. My friend back in England has been entering popping / break dancing competitions. He's pretty good, comes 3rd. I would like to learn for fun. I might have two left feet, in which case I wont be any good anyway :'(
Sometimes, I sit with my headphones on without playing music.

Project2501
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA

Re: Current job n stuff

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 am

dieselboy wrote:I'm still adjusting to the work ethics over here. At 4pm on Friday everyone downs tools and drinks beer.

I'm confused by your adjusting to drinking. :p

Sent from my mobile internet.
- Pete

dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCNA Voice, SMB Select, Linux+

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:00 am

I've never drunk so much beer in my whole life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.
Pete, we're hitting Northbridge tomorrow night. You coming out?
Sometimes, I sit with my headphones on without playing music.

Project2501
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 am

I have a fiftieth and it's gonna be a doozie ;)

I wish i could though. I'm pretty good at hitting the night with the lads. At least i think i am... normally people tell me the stories of my friendly antics the next day :p

Sent from my mobile internet
- Pete

'

Return to Forum Lobby