General off-topic discussions.
dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCNA Voice, SMB Select, Linux+

Current job n stuff

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:45 am

Half of the week I work for a government department and the other half I'm at my Employers head office.
At the head office I have just been handed a big project as the engineer that was assigned to it before wasn't forthcoming. It's a huge multi-site re-work, I'm over the moon. I'm going to be busy! :)

The other half, I've done a mini audit on the government departments network and highlighted these issues to the managers here. So I'll be running with this too. (aside from administering a CUCM 8.6, implementing VOIP for other departments and installing a visitor WiFi for another).

I'm still adjusting to the work ethics over here. At 4pm on Friday everyone downs tools and drinks beer.

I plan to do some scuba diving this Sunday.

I have a first dance class at an Urban dance school on the 23rd. My friend back in England has been entering popping / break dancing competitions. He's pretty good, comes 3rd. I would like to learn for fun. I might have two left feet, in which case I wont be any good anyway :'(
Meanwhile, back in the city...

Project2501
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA

Re: Current job n stuff

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 am

dieselboy wrote:I'm still adjusting to the work ethics over here. At 4pm on Friday everyone downs tools and drinks beer.

I'm confused by your adjusting to drinking. :p

Sent from my mobile internet.
- Pete

dieselboy
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNP, CCNA Voice, SMB Select, Linux+

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:00 am

I've never drunk so much beer in my whole life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.
Pete, we're hitting Northbridge tomorrow night. You coming out?
Meanwhile, back in the city...

Project2501
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 am

I have a fiftieth and it's gonna be a doozie ;)

I wish i could though. I'm pretty good at hitting the night with the lads. At least i think i am... normally people tell me the stories of my friendly antics the next day :p

Sent from my mobile internet
- Pete

'

Return to Forum Lobby